New Ministry Here at Calvary Chapel
We are now partnering with Family Promise of Cheyenne, who has a unique program to help homeless families get back on their feet. We are excited to be a part of this for our community. Our church will be hosting several families every few months for a week at a time. We have volunteers provide meals, host dinners and host the overnight stays. For more information on this program, please click on the above link to see Family Promise’s website.
For more information on how to be involved, please contact the Church Office (635-2977.
Listed below are additional ministries of Calvary Chapel. If you are interested in serving, have a need, or would like more information, please contact the Church Office (635-2977).
- Compassion Ministry: Coordinates with Compassion International to help sponsor children around the world.
- Coupon Group: Focused on helping people to save money by learning to use coupons wisely.
- Potluck Fellowship: Works to coordinate quarterly potluck fellowships prior to a Wednesday evening service.
- Coffee Shop: A ministry that serves refreshments and helps to foster fellowship before and after church services.
- Family Promise: Provides meals and shelter (at Calvary) for homeless families every few months.
- Food Pantry: A service ministry providing non-perishable food for anyone when the need arises.
- Greeter’s Ministry: Works to have someone available at each service to hand out bulletins and make everyone feel welcome.
- Helping Hands: Works to provide a meal for family and friends after a funeral or wedding.
- Meals Served with JOY: A group that works to provide meals for families or singles who attend Calvary and are in need of help due to medical, or other, issues.
- Pioneer Hotel Outreach: Provides meals to the less fortunate one Sunday a month at the Pioneer Hotel.
- Covering Prayers: Makes and provides prayer shawls, lap robes, and “chemo hats” upon request for those who are hurting and/or need tangible evidence of God’s love. They also make and provide baby dedication blankets, and by request, will work with the missions trips if they need a costume, tags, etc. made.
- Moms In Prayer: A group for moms and grandmas that get together before Wednesday evening service to pray for their children and all the schools.
- Prayer Tree: An email prayer list that allows individuals to pray for those that request prayer.
- Library Ministry: Works to make Christian based books and DVDs, fiction to research, available for check out.
- Media Ministry: Works to provide CD copies of each service so you can have a copy of a favorite message, or send one to a friend.
- Rides Ministry: Provides rides to and from church, 2nd service, for those in need of transportation.
- Sound Ministry: A technical ministry that works the sound board during services and worship practices to provide quality sound, recording, and radio feeds.
- Video Ministry: A technical ministry that runs slides for worship and cameras for the overflow.
- Worship Ministry: Comprised of musically skilled people who are gifted to lead God’s people in worship for church services.